Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Past Two-Three Weeks

Let's see what happened, shall we?

I got to see my sister Angela (it had been a year--She's usually in Iraq).

My birthday came & went (Oh, I'm 25 now and my insurance went down!)...I got to sleep in, my husband made breakfast for me (waffles, from scratch), and later that evening we went out to TGIFriday's for dinner and a play written by our friend Mahonri Stewart.

My husband quit his construction job (hence he was home on a weekday). During the 2 weeks without work he tended the children & home while I wrote up resumes and filled out applications for him on-line (I'm much faster at typing). He had 3 interviews in one week and went with SOS Staffing and now works at US Synthetics making synthetic diamonds for drill bits. Just yesterday he was offered to be hired on after 3 months of training. Though it doesn't pay a ton, it will (in 3 months) have full family medical benefits that we won't be paying out of pocket for. It's a company that takes care of it's employees, and it will work with a school schedule. So, it is just what we needed. He does however work from 3 to 11pm Monday to Friday. Quite the schedule change! And in between all of this my husband had a paper route (needless to say neither of us was getting solid sleep).
I had my birthday party! It was so wonderful to be surrounded by so many amazing women who are all good examples to me and strengthen me. We enjoyed a chocolate truffle torte I made along with ice cream, good conversation and company, and a good movie (along with a good cry).

As of recent, I now have more compassionate service committee members! Finally!

Also, last night I taught a cooking class/group-thing for an Enrichment focus group. It was fun and a learning experience for me. And everyone seemed to like the food.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I might have come to Enrichment...if I'd remembered it. Where's those little papers taped to my door when I need them????!

    Sounds like your prayers were answered for a job! See? Good things come out of the hard things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Autism Awareness