Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ducks-in-a-row

So, today I decided to look at the actual newspaper. On the top corner of Deseret News's Life Etc. section there is a quote by Sally Huss that I quite like.

"Just when you think you've got your ducks in a row, life changes the line-up. Stay flexible."


This is the story of my life, every day really. My life has rarely gone the way I thought it would. For example, in my plan I was going to serve a full-time mission for the church, come home, finish school, and hopefully find a guy who could handle me and me him when I was 25 (the age I am now). Yet, at 18, I found myself with a nagging desire to find someone to marry--at 19 I did. I now have a wonderful husband and 2 kids, and only my associates degree finished. Not where I thought I would be at this part of my life.
And yet I have learned along the way. I am more blessed than I ever could have imagined being ten years ago. It is so wonderful to have a loving Father in Heaven who knows what I really need the most and what I can and will grow to become. I'm still learning about myself and what I am able a capable of...and I know that there is so much more in store for me that I can barely even imagine. After all, heaven will be what I make of it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Heaven will be what you make it. And I'm sure that the formation for duck-row-lining-up (yeah, whatever) will change often there, too. :)

    Forever is a long time to expect predictability. :)

    ReplyDelete

Autism Awareness