Monday, October 20, 2008

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?

Have you ever wondered what you would look like through your own eyes? I mean, really, what you would actually look like if no one else was around (not physically speaking, but emotionally)?

Try to visualize a black & white photo or painting of yourself. Which parts are colored or tinted? What colors are there? What textures exist? Or, is there more lacking than you would like? The cool thing is, you're the artist and you can change it how ever you want to--you do have a Master teacher to refer to for an example.
I can certainly tell you that the way we see ourselves is most likely not how Heavenly Father sees us (because one day our vision will coincide and be as one). Yet for now, in the truest sense, we are " what we think".
So,. . . .here comes the honest truth of how I feel about myself. **please know that I'm not expecting anyone to actually post what it is that's negative about themselves--I'm not telling what my colors mean.** My personal rainbow, for now, isn't much of a rainbow at all. My deepest roots are currently BLACK, GRAY, & BROWN. Yet, I realize that brown is at least a start. After all, brown is made up of complimentary colors--Red & Green; Blue & Orange; Yellow & Purple. Quite simply, I'm still working on my "Stuff," "Baggage," "Kwap," or whatever else it could be called.
And so Christ is my rock and my salvation, my Savior, a sure foundation. He is "White" as far as this analogy goes. The amazing thing is that as I let Him into my heart, as I truly change not only what I think, but how I think of myself my "rainbow" will become lighter in it's character. And it is through the Atonement that the stains of life can be completely removed, if we give it to Him. For truly pure light is knowledge and contains every color imaginable that makes each of us so beautiful.
So, what makes you beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. What makes me beautiful?

    *my faith

    *my accomplishments

    *my Savior

    I have roots of black and grey and brown, as well. I usually flaunt the purples and greens (what little there is) and cherish and protect the whites. :)

    ReplyDelete

Autism Awareness