Friday, April 10, 2009

Dusting off the shelves

Okay, so it's been a while, a long while, since the last post I wrote. Life has been utterly unpredictable and in a constant state of flux for me (and that really unnerves me). In the past three months alone my family and I have had a lot of "fun".

I found out the hard way that I could not handle my husband doing both full-time work and school at the same time--it was too much for me. Somewhere else, I found time to cook diabetic friendly meals for an elderly couple twice a day, six days a week, for six weeks (quite the challenge with kiddos).
Jason was laid off of his job. A short time later he found another temporary job, which he absolutely hated (knocking on doors & selling meat). We were also paid in meat once. He has finished that job and has done what he could to provide for us. Jason will also be returning to school in the fall to get into another career field. We are excited though to find out more about Jason's inherent strengths through some assessment tests.

I am currently dusting off my work-self and preparing once again to enter the working world for at least 3 to 5 years. It is not my favorite idea, but it is what will work as far as being more balanced while my husband attends school.

In the process, I have realized that a lot has happened in 5 years, since the last time I worked, and that I really need to be more polished in my approach to finding an adequate job. Let's just say I was told "no" in a few interviews and I can see why. It wasn't about who I am, it was about how I presented myself. So, I have resolved to have my resume kindly hacked to pieces by a trusted friend, and to attend a 2 day career workshop which will help me to identify and explain why someone would love to hire me.
Daniel has progressed greatly at preschool. His speech is coming along now & he is expressing his needs to us with words more often (there's a big change in his over all behavior from last year). Daniel also recently had some surgery done & is recovering just fine. Oh, and he decided to potty train by his own accord.

Joseph has been pretty good as well. He really likes, cars, trains, robots, bugs & anything else like it, and animals. He generally is quiet and observant.
As for the rest of what's currently going on, that will have to wait for another time soon to come (I hope)... I really need to go to sleep. So, here's to catching up--a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated! I love to see you over here in blogland. :D

    ReplyDelete

Autism Awareness