Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Good Day





So far so good. I went to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple with a new friend of mine, Elisa, to do iniatories this morning. My friend Elisha watched the boys and we went out to lunch together when I got back.

The boys are down for a good nap and I am taking some much needed "time out for Me" time.

This evening Jason and I will be doing an endowment session for our date this week (with dinner at the temple cafeteria). I'm looking forward to feeling so much peace and receiving revelation. I Love the Temple! Well, I'm going to read a good book now and rest a bit. Hope your day is as good as mine (at least occasionally).

So, I actually got a good nap in this afternoon. We ended up doing sealings instead and enjoyed our dinner/dessert together. We actually saw the Fairfield CA Institute director, Brother Celaya and his wife at the temple (For those who don't know, the institute of religion is where Jason & I met and fell in love & friendship together). One of the sealers asked how long we have been married. When I said, "five years in August," he said, "Oh, you two look like newlyweds." To which Jason replied, "Good. We should." It was so wonderful to be there and to be reminded of our covenants and our love for the Lord and each other. We've come a long ways in the last five years.

The boys had fun at our friends house and are just now going to bed. Jason will be up bright and early tomorrow, on his official day off, to help demo my parent's deck. And later we'll be going to an unofficial "block party" BBQ and maybe swimming. Hope your holiday weekend is fun and meaningful to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I need to go soon. But first I gotta get my recommend again since it went through the wash. Adam and I are are pathetic...

    ReplyDelete

Autism Awareness